The Assistant Regional Transport Office Samba was established in the year Oct, 2009 in pursuance to the creation of ten (10) new Districts in the State in the year 2007. The other line District offices including this Office came into existence in due course of time to facilitate the public of District Samba by rendering various services being rendered by the Motor Vehicle department. This Office was established in a private building at Jammu-Kathua National Highway.
This office offers many regular services such as:
- Fresh Registration of all kinds of Vehicles, i.e. Commercial /Non-Commercial
- Grant of Driving/Learner’s Licenses,
- Fitness Certificates to the Commercial Vehicles after passing through Licensing /Testing and Fitness Boards.
- Grant of permits to goods and passenger vehicles
- Renewal of Registrations
- Renewal of Fitness certificates
- Renewal of Driving Licenses/permits
- Grant of Licenses for establishing Driving Training Institutes
- Grant trade certificates to the dealers of Motor vehicles for running the business of Sale and Services of the Vehicles
- Conduct checking of vehicles on different routes of the District under various provisions of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 and rules framed there under
- Collection of Token Tax (Road Tax) and other various fees prescribed under the Motor Vehicle Act and rules.
- To check functioning of Pollution checking Centres established in the District.
- In addition to this monitoring of the Public Transport facilities on different routes of the District