SCENARIO IN DISTRICT SAMBA:
District Samba due to establishment of Industrial Growth Centre (IGC) has came up as a new Industrial Hub as it provides infra-structure facilities of best magnitude which is pre-requisite for attracting the industrial investment. The site best confirms to the guiding criterion laid down for selection of a Growth Centre having facilities like transportation, power, water, banking and communication.
At present there are 736 no. of registered industrial units in the district in IGC and area outside IGC In the district, the major industrial activities mainly confined to IGC having the area as given below:-
- Phase I with an Area of 2277 Kanals
- Phase II with an area 1217 Kanals Industrial Estate, Samba with an area 20 kanals Besides this good numbers of industrial units are also established on private land.
- Phase III with an area 2763 Kanal 02 Marla is under acquisition out of which 713 Kanal 15 Marla has been acquired and handed over to SIDCO and the final Award for land measuring 1581 Kanal 03 Marla at village Rakh Amb Tali, Samba stand issued by the Collector Land Acquition, Samba and the draft award for the land measuring 468 Kanal 4 Marla at village Karandi is also stand approved.
The Main functions of District Industries Centre are as under:
- To motivate, guide and facilitate the entrepreneurs to get themselves registered with the District Industries Centre for establishment of Industrial Units. Issuance of EM Part-I and E.M. Part-II in favour of the Industrial Units.
- Facilitate the Promotion of MSME units by way of arrangements of financial assistance from banks / financial institutions.
- To implement the provision of various types of incentives being extended by the J&K/Central Government.
- To help in marketing of end products through SICOP and other Government agencies. To ensure that maximum employment in the industrial units is provided to the locals.
- Provision of employment opportunities to educated unemployed youths through Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP).
- Identification of land for establishment of industrial estates in the district in which land at the lowest market rates is provided to the entrepreneur for establishment of the unit etc. The various incentives available to the entrepreneur under the Govt. of India/ J&K Govt.