- Department of Health and Family Welfare is aimed at bringing about dramatic improvement in the health system and the Health status of people especially those living in rural areas of the country. It seeks to provide access to equitable, affordable and quality health care, reduction of IMR and MMR, population stabilization and gender and demographic balance which in turn help in achieving goals.
- Department Mission is on empowering people through effective mechanism of NRHM, Rogi Kalyan Samiti, etc. Decentralized planning and implementation, strengthening of physical infrastructure and ensuring fully functional facilities at the doorsteps of the people not withstanding odds of topography and situational constraints.
- At present, there is one District Hospital at Samba, three Community Health Centres, 22 Primary Health Centres and 82 Sub-Centres. One Mother & Child Care Hospital and one Trauma Centre proposed to be completed in Samba in next 06 months to strengthen health care facilities.
- AIIMS under construction at Vijaypur and is expected to be completed by 2022 which will provide best health care
- Two Jan Aushadi Kendras have been opened in District at DH Samba and at CHC Ramgarh. Further, two more such Kendras are being opened at Accidental Hospital Ghagwal and at PHC Purmandal.
- Immunization is 88% as per targets. Full efforts are on to reach 100% targets by way of constant supervision and full efforts are being made to reduce home deliveries by strengthening “Pick and Drop” facility and increasing awareness among masses in the District.