- Approximately 65-70 % of population in the District depends upon agriculture. Main Kharif crops sown are Paddy, Maize and Jowar. Rabi crops are Wheat, Barley and Oats. Gross cultivated area is 71454 hectares (Net area 39203 hectares) and net irrigated area (14409).
- Thrust on organic farming, training of farmers, farm mechanization and protection cultivation, more Vermi compost units (05 in each Block), Water harvesting tanks (01 in each Block), Bore-well (01 in each Block), micro-irrigation sprinklers (01 in each Block) over a period of 18 months.
- The Department also aims to develop Nud Block as Mushroom Block in Samba District on Project basis for increasing farmers income which would increase number of Mushroom growers from 42 to 105 and production from 504 Qtls to 1890 Qtls with an overall increase of Rs. 152.46 lacs in market value OF Mushrooms.
- Formation of Farmer- Producers Organizations (FPOs) in collaboration with NABARD for forward and backward linkages is also under process.
- Village Knowledge Centres and Agri Business Clubs (01 in each zone) are also proposed to be established within one year to facilitate farmers.
- Stress shall be on integrated farming for which Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries and Animal Husbandry Departments are already focusing on.
- Stress on exotic vegetable production like Broccoli, Brussels Sprout, Lattices, Parsley, Celerity and Babycorn is also being
- Focus on Soil and water conservation structures would be major areas of importance.
- Under PM-KISSAN, farming families are receiving financial assistance under the Scheme. Efforts are on to clear the pending corrections.
- Under Fisheries Sector, 4 new Carp fish rearing ponds under the CSS “Blue Revolution” would be constructed by March, 2021.
- As an expansion of Sericulture activities in the District, 40 Kanals land has been identified in Vijaypur Tehsil for establishing Mulberry Nursery.
- Under Restructured National Bamboo Mission, 776 Kanals of non-forest State land has been identified in the District for cultivation of bamboo trees under the said Mission. Social Forestry Department has been asked to immediately take up the plantation process in the identified land.